Tuesday, February 22, 2005

piecing??? what? ME???

Good grief -- it's been yonks since I have actually sewn. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I sat down at this machine and pieced something together. Seams!! Eeeek! Regression! Something traumatic has happened! The saffron afterglow? Insanity? or worse? And do I always sew with all that junk on the counter? Yep. The kleenex box holds up my sewing surface, which would fall out of the sewing machine without it because the little doodads that stick into the holes in the machine have broken. I need the kleenex anyway -- all that fabric dust. And the CD's? Well, I guess I could move the boxes. You don't even want to know what else is NOT in the picture. But unaccustomed as I am to using the machine, it tends to be overrun with other necessities... This piece is rather making itself -- something that has not happened to me in a long time, either. It will, however, morph a bit before it is done telling me what it wants to be when it grows up. Enough sewing for tonight. Back to reading mysteries and eating bonbons while I listen to classical music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one who has stuff on her sewing machine table. And why I work around it all rather than clean it up is beyond me.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...