Wednesday, April 20, 2005

breasts & stuff

Originally uploaded by raynag.
It's been a long time since I've been up late working and it feels GOOD. The piece for the breast cancer exhibit in October is coming along, as I print fabric. I've had a couple of breast cancer scares. They've turnd out to be benign, thank heavens. But I have been through chemotherapy and the ugly hair loss thing, so I decided to focus on that experience. It's hardly a humorous subject, but lo and behold, as I started screening and writing, it had a lighthearted feel about it. I realize I can be lighthearted about it because it was, in retrospect, really not important compared to health and recovery. And my hair is back, as thick as ever.

1 comment:

lizzieb said...

Although I am really pulled by the red (which I love for the depth and vibrancy), I feel the second piece says more of what you want to say (at least from my point of view) The mamo breast line up things are so universal for women...really brings it home to all of us.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...