Saturday, April 16, 2005

pigskin, cowhide & collagen

No, I'm not talking about sports, fashion items, or skin care. I'm talking about gelatin. That's right: the stuff jello is made from. The stuff that is supposed to give you healthy nails. And the stuff that is supposedly good for arthritic joints because it's full of collagen. I havaen't heard anyone suggest injecting gelatin into wrinkled skin -- but that seems preferable to eating it. You do not want to know how it is made or what it is made from. Yecccch. I am glad I only use it to print with. The fragment here was printed on a gelatin plate (at least the first layer). I'm waiting for my gelatin to gel so I can get on with some more experiments. But I probably won't get to it till Monday.

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...