Thursday, April 14, 2005

today's activity

Originally uploaded by raynag.
here's a fragment of the fabric I printed today. Not quite sure whether I'm going to cut it, or what I am going to do with it.

I am very good at giving people ideas for jump-starting their creativity,but like the proverbial shoemaker's child --
it is a different story when it comes to my own work.

Also spent some lovely, relaxing time with a friend this afternon. She knitted, I sewed the facing onto a quilt, and we chatted and caught up with each others' lives. What a luxury it was just to sit and do hand work with a good friend - in the middle of the day. Maybe I should make this my answer to the 'guilty pleasure' question. It was, at least, a pleasure.

I have been going to bed unduly early this week. Was in bed by 9:10 last night and am ready to turn in only slightly later tonight. Is it the walking I've started doing again that is doing me in?


Debra said...

It might well be walking. But isn't it a wonderful sleep??

How long do you walk?

I love that fragment you showed.. though I can give you no idea what to do with it further.

Rayna said...

starting with 20 min, 5 x a week and will go from there.

Mary said...

Send it to me!!!!! :-) It's gorgeous - and I'm sure it really glows up close and personal.