Yesterday was another mental health day; my crit group (minus one) took over an empty studio at the museum and spent the entire day printing with thickened dyes and discharge paste. What a luxury to work someplace else besides our individual at-home studios! Being together led to cross-pollination, information exchange, and feedback while we worked. Everybody but me had brought finished or in-progress work and we did our crit at lunchtime. After lunch, I experimented with using wax as a resist on the screen rather than on the silk and am not sure how pleased I am with the results. Need to go back in and do another layer on the scarves. Toward the end of the day, we needed to use up the bits of thickened dyes, so I printed this piece which is not nearly as bright in person as it is on the screen. A bit disappointing, actually.
These other samples are pieces of the cloth I discharged and I am quite pleased since it is full of nice bits. My friend Judy goes back in and adds color to the discharged spots but I really love the color it became so I think I will leave it. Or most of it, anyway. Needs text.
I used a flash so this is not quite accurate color, but you get the idea. The one below is better.