Monday, July 18, 2005

word games

I was so impressed with the diversity of work in yesterday's creativity workshop, Jump-starting the Art Quilt, that I have to show you one group of pieces in particular. I gave everybody the same word as a jumping-off point and then they had limited time to start a piece inspired by that word. Take a look at how different these four pieces are from one another!

Here is Michelle Legault with her piece. She had driven down from northern Vermont with her mom, Paulette.

Below, Karen Bettencourt with her piece based on the same word.

And finally, Sheri Cooper's take on it.

The pieces are so varied because we did some mind-mapping and everybody reached totally different places with that exercise! Anybody care to take a guess what the word was?

14 comments:

Sonji Hunt said...

I used to love doing this with my drawing students. It's so cool how everyones mind works things out.

I will guess that you gave them a simple word. Creativity.

I'm guessing that because you have joyful and colorful abstraction, you have something representing vision/perception and you have another piece that shows us freedom of mind/body/soul. I'm not deep, so I'm probably wrong. Luckily, it's not a test.

Anonymous said...

Open?

Gerrie said...

Creativity seems too obvious. Is it something about seeing?

Rayna said...

Fulvia & Gerrie are getting warmer.

smarcoux said...

in my minds eye or chakra ????

cfent said...

vision>?

Sonji Hunt said...

Hey, Gerrie...are you saying I'm obvious? What's wrong with that? There is great beauty in the obvious.

OK, Rayna...please tell us what the word was.

Gerrie said...

Rayna- How long will you keep us dangling, wondering Whatis the word!!

smarcoux said...

Ohhh I think Claire is right sounds like vision would be right ... come on Ray!!!!!!!!!11

Rayna said...

WINDOW

Gerrie said...

Oh, what a great word!!

Karoda said...

Whew! This is a relief :) I didn't have a clue.

Rayna said...

Just goes to show what an ordinary word and a little free association will do. Try it!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...