Thursday, March 02, 2006

gifts in the mail

This gorgeous tjap, about 6"x6" which I purchased on ebay for a huge bargain price, arrived today. It was so inexpensive that I consider it a gift. I was unexpectedly taken with its beauty -- it is so unlike me: traditionally pretty rather than the quirky, more abstract pieces I usually prefer. I just love it - and just need to find the time to use it. I have to get busy to catch up with Cathy, who has been busy printing beautiful fabric, too. Speaking of fabric, I will be putting my art cloth up on my website and some of it will be available for purchase. (No, Mary, not THAT one.) So, tonight I have to measure and see how much I have of what. Yes, it snowed today. Not a huge amount, but sleety and sloppy, so I did not go to the Mancuso show. Tomorrow. Marty closed the office and came home by lunchtime to work on our taxes. I was happy that I had done my own work at the computer this morning because it was somewhat inconvenient this afternoon to print remotely from my laptop. Not only that, i couldn't be downstairs working with dyes because it is in the same space as the computer and I can't work while Marty is swearing at the computer.

6 comments:

mary m. said...

gorgeous tjap, Rayna. I'm going to the show around 12:30, 1sh...I'll keep my eye peeled for you!

Cathy Kleeman said...

Oh man, color me green with envy.

Mandi aka Fabric Princess said...

wow wow wow! Every time I look at those on ebay they're not such a bargian! I bet you'll do some gorgeous stuff with that!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looking forward to seeing some work with the new tjap, Rayna. I have some coming from Australia, but not as intricate.

Diane D. said...

I can't wait to see what you produce with that tjap, Rayna.

Rayna said...

Oh, the pressure....! I'll see what I can do. One thing I've learned about intricate/heavy tjaps is that they hold a lot of wax: so much, in fact, that you often get blobs before you get to the pattern. It is easier with the simple ones.
Shirley - when you get your tjaps, please post them on your website.

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...