Wednesday, August 09, 2006

are we having fun yet?

Marlene Cohen, Corni Forster, me, Laura C-W-- and I think this was BEFORE dinner and drinks, so you can imagine! Friday night, Marlene had just arrived, and we had not all been together for a couple of years. Can it be?

I always find Lowell a photographic goldmine - but don't always have my camera ready. Aside from the Owl Diner, there is another diner straight out of the 1930's that sits across the street from the Brush Gallery. I could never get a straight-on shot for one reason or another, but this is the best I could do. I love this place and am always afraid it will be gone and replaced by a McDonald's.

Another shot I couldn't resist. Any guesses?

You don't have to guess about this one -- it was my batik-with-paints demo piece. I coveted the wooden batik stamp that one of my students was using and now I own it! Yum. As IF I need another one...
This is probably enough for tonight. I took my mother to the doctor in NY and then visited my uncle in the hospital in NJ. Tonight, my feet are happy to be up and I am going to turn on my classical music and read. I just bought Alexander McCall Smith's newest book - Espresso Tales - and am going to make myself a cup to go with the title. Then I will be in the studio working for the next 4 days. But that doesn't start till tomorrow.

5 comments:

Karoda said...

the photo is of a yellow street line or parking lot line.

cfent said...

what a wonderful photo of the 4 of y'all ! wish i could have been in it as well!

Rayna said...

Karoda - you're right.
Claive - next year in Lowell. Plan on it!

Karoda said...

so what do I win? hehehehe

Rayna said...

I'll have to think about it, Karoda.

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...