Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hello from L.A.

Finally - time to catch up on the last few days in freezing cold Santa Barbara. My cousin has the heat on, so it's bearable in L.A. - and I'm sitting here with a hot cup of tea, feeling happy, indeed. Santa Barbara is a pretty town, and Angela Moll showed me around the day before the workshop started. The picture above is the Presidio, which has been completely rebuilt with authentic materials, based on archeological records. The interior is a charming chapel - simple and colorful. Of course, as we walked around, I couldn't resist the texture on this cane ceiling or this wall.

After the workshop was over, the second day, Lora Martin and I went down to the wharf for drinks to celebrate what a successful two days it had been. Looked like summer/felt like winter. But beautiful,anyway.

Next post, the workshop results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite places from my California years.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...