Saturday, January 20, 2007

I've been tagged

by BadMomGoodMom and I have to write five things about myself I haven't mentioned before on this blog. Then I am supposed to tag five other people but I'm not going to. However, if you are dying to be tagged, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige. Until then, I have to think pretty hard to find five things worth mentioning. 1. In high school, I flunked the spatial relations part of the aptitude test we took to determine our abilities. This has not changed: I still cannot put a cardboard box together and have trouble figuring out which tabs on the fedex mailing tube get closed first. Get it wrong every time. 2. On the Kuder Preference Test for careers, the results said I should be a psychologist or social worker. I thought it would be interesting to be an archeologist. My first career was as a French teacher. I have also had the following careers: Copywriter; Promotion Director for a computer trade magazine; Image Consultant/Personal Shopper; Executive Coach & Communication Skills Trainer; Career Transition Counselor; Marketing Consultant for Attorneys. I've left out a few things, but that's the gist of it.

3. I have had a standing order for a Hindu meal on Continental Airlines for more years than I can count, but until last week, they never actually served me one because "snack" doesn't qualify. On my California flights last week I had two yummy Indian food meals, including one breakfast. I was shocked, because I had forgotten about it.

4. In 1963 my ex-husband and I were in Paris and we met James Baldwin walking along one of the quais. We got his autograph on a flimsy piece of paper - maybe it was a napkin. I could have sworn I had it, but it has disappeared.

5. You don't want to know this one

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

I never would've guessed. Fascinating. Interesting list of careers. My life is way boring by comparison.
I could help you on the spacial relations. I packed over 6000 lbs of stuff into a 3000 lb limit trailer once. Axel broke in Yellowstone Nat'l Park. My Brother-in-law said you couldn't pack another envelope in that trailer.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...