Friday, February 23, 2007

something old/something new

No big deal to a lot of you out there, but to me, this is major! Pam Morris did me the supreme favor of selling me her beautiful 6500 and it arrived last night. I have been thinking about a new/used machine for many moons and was debating between this one or a Bernina 1230 or 1260. Meanwhile, this beauty fell into my lap, so to speak (the miracles bracelet my daughter gave me for my b.d. is apparently still working). Decision made.
I haven't the vaguest idea how to use a computerized machine -- but if I go to the studio early and come home early, maybe I'll have time to sit with it and read the manual. I am taking my Viking 210 (a BASIC but good machine) to the studio, just in case --- and it is lightweight enough to schlepp up all those stairs. SO - off I go to make breakfast and lunch and load up my car so I can get outa here sometime in the next hour. Later.

5 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi Rayna,
great miracle! I have a 6500 if you have questions. There is a group on yahoo as well-and probably many others. I was a memeber of theyahoo group for a while but there was so much mail-but there is a mother lode of info in theri files..

Anonymous said...

Rayna,
The 6500 will almost sew by itself--just plug it in and sew! I find it a very user friendly machine and as Martha said, there is a LOT of info out there. Just ask.

Diane in PA

Rayna said...

Thanks, Martha and Diane. Got the machine threaded and now need to get to work!

Anonymous said...

HI R

It looks gorgeous up there in NJ. This baby could not have a better home. Cannot wait to see what you make with it!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey Rayna-- Just caught up with your blog and its so great to see your new machine. You have obviously done some research that I am avoiding. I know I want to put a new/used sewing machine on my list -- I dont need it to do anything fancier than a zigzag, straight stitch but want those modern self-threading of course to machine quilt. Any way, if you ever have time to share your opinions I would be greatful. Susie
PS As usual, I love reading your blog.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...