Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday in the park

This has nothing to do with art but everything to do with a day in The City. I never get tired of this view on the approach to the Lincoln Tunnel; today it was a little hazy. Traffic was light and we had parking Karma, so we wandered a bit on Columbus Avenue before we met our friends for brunch. I pretended I was a tourist. I love this building: I don't know what it is, but it must have been designed by the same architect who did the Ansonia. Très belle époque. But my favorite on the way to brunch was this elegant woman, just ahead of us. It made me think of this photo I took in Paris a couple of years ago. After brunch, we walked over to Central Park. Behind us, the Dakota. Ahead of us: The park was full of sunbathers, musicians, and the usual assorted wackos. On our way out of the park, this was our last sight. Only in New York!

7 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

DANG gurl, you make me homesick!!
ONLY in NY indeed. I live in a cultural wasteland by comparison. You could wander the streets of Atlanta all day and the only talent you would see are the hookers. The only ideas being espoused are crazed religious ones and the culturally dispossessd spend all their time and energy trying to keep up with MTV pimps.

Rayna said...

Deb -- there is only one New York.
Come home!!

Rachel said...

Rayna, that lady looks like the future me, including dog.

TALL GIRL said...

and 'they' think all the wackos live in California!

Judy said...

AMEN!!! I love it!
xo

Rayna said...

The California wackos are way different from the NY wackos - and we need ALL of them to keep us sane! The California wackos might just have an edge, though...

Beverly said...

This native Californian thinks the New York wacko nailed it. Amen indeed!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...