Sunday, June 03, 2007

remember when?

Oh, dear, I am old. Read Sandy Donabed's blog and if you can identify with any of these things, let me know. One quick story along the same lines. Friday was my son-in-law Mike's 40th b.d. My daughter bought him a Jeep for his b.d. present and we were there when he came upon it in the driveway. The Jeep has rolldown windows. Our grandsons, Josh and Ben, who are 6 and 8, had never seen crank windows and went nuts! Ben's response "WOW! You can open the windows when the car is OFF." Josh's response "Rolling down the windows is cool -- it's like a roller coaster!" All of the grownups were in absolute hysterics at this. The worst thing about a cheap rental car, aside from the stale cigarette smell, is the fact that you have to roll down the windows. Ain't life tough?

3 comments:

Judy said...

Lordy, how I hate those role down windows, and yet I remember vividly when the power windows were first an option how people said, "Yeah, but if you go off of a bridge into the lake, how will you get out?"!!! Jeesh!!!

mzjohansen said...

Personlly I hated the TWO piece stockings - course I hate pantyhose too !

Sandy said...

Years ago- I'll never forget the blank look on one of my kid's friends as they tried to call their mom to be picked up- we had a (ohmigawd) ROTARY phone and he simply couldn't use it!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...