Saturday, December 08, 2007

class is over

Lots of hugs all around, as everybody scattered for home - except for me. I will leave tomorrow. Laura cater-woods is teaching here next week and I'm waiting for her to arrive so we can have dinner and spend some all-too-rare time together. One of the joys of teaching is being able to cross paths with some of my favorite people who also teach, but live elsewhere in the country (or the world). When we get within shouting/driving distance of each other, it's great. When Liz Berg teaches at the Hudson Valley Arts Workshop next year, I'll probably drive the 2.5 hours to see her because she lives in California. When I taught on Whidbey Island a couple of years ago, I had a fun dinner with Larkin Van Horn, who lives there. When Gabrielle Swain taught in New Jersey a few years ago, we had lunch between her classes. (Gabrielle - I am still waiting for another martini event - but I'll catch up with you at some point!). And so forth. In the meantime, Blogger is finally behaving itself so I can post some of the in-process pieces being made with Terri Lipman's shared fabric. Oh, dear - I shall have to find something to keep me busy for the rest of the day. I did bring my sewing machine and will probably go and stitch on a piece I've been carrying around with me for a while. Then, I may see if the local flea market is open. Of course, what I should do is prepare for my next workshop, which will be a creativity workshop for a corporate group in New York next week. But first, I'll take a coffee break...

3 comments:

Judy said...

Such pretty pieces!
sounds like you had a great time.

xo

Diane said...

What fun for all! Hope the weather cooperates for your trip back, and of course, Happy Channukah!

Diane

Gerrie said...

Some day, I too, will meet the elusive Laura, in person. I never miss a chance to hang out with a fellow blogger/quilter.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...