Friday, January 11, 2008

trees

My woods in Autumn -- they don't look real, do they?
This is the view of my woods in winter. At their most beautiful, I think.
In April. This tree never loses its dead leaves. They really aren't MY woods - but I can pretend, can't I? View from the deck.
Here is one piece they inspired - sold before I even finished it. Raw edge on fusible batting.
Oh, good grief - oil on canvas. Downright embarrassing. But I had to try.Here is another version-- deconstructed screen printing on paper.Deconstructed on fabric.
And here is the piece from yesterday's blog that I have cut and made into a horizontal.
Screenprinted over a piece of fabric I had batiked and was not happy with. Now I am happy but what happens next remains to be seen.

11 comments:

Gerrie said...

I like the piece horizontal. Your woods are very beautiful. BTW, tomorrow is Saturday!!

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Brilliant pictures, you have inspired me to get onto photoshop straight away. Thanks

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

your woods and your work are beautiful.

laura said...

Rayna, which of the images (including photos) is most compelling to you?

Rayna said...

Interesting question, Laura. I might ask you (and everybody else)the same.

Nellie's Needles said...

In reference to Laura's comment and your question ... the photo of the bare trees AND your newly created horizontal piece are most compelling to me. I love your interpretation ... the real thing is wonderfully abstracted and fractured.

Liz Plummer said...

These are stunning, Rayna. I love the progression from photo to end product.

I have just given you a Make My Day Award on my blog.

Diane said...

Your woods are comforting and inspiring. If you come to see my woods, you can sit on our deck, hear the creek and occasionally see some deer wandering near the top of the mountain.

Now if only they would inspire me to create a piece as lovely as yours! Count me as another fan of the horizontal piece.

Diane

lizzieb said...

oh, deconstructed screen printing...what fun! I love the first image you did on the paper and then the one on the fabric and then the one on the batik...stick with your dyes for right now!

Judy Rys said...

You know I LOVE the photo of the Winter Woods, but the autumn shot may be even better!

Frances said...

the woods in winter is my fav photo and as I have said before I love the piece you sold,I like the deconstructed printing too, oh Rayna I'm on eye candy overdrive :o)
the tree that doesn't loose it's leaves is it a Beech as over here Beech trees keep their coppery coloured leaves all winter (unless there is a storm force gale) and loose them as the new leaf buds grow,
and I like the yesterday piece better cut as it is in this post, thanks for the treat there are very few trees on the island,

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...