Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday, Monday

Sunday was a quiet day. We both had work to do and since it is still unpleasantly cold and we had no need to go out, we actually got some things done. Marty worked on taxes. I worked on the piece I had started the other day and am now in the midst of quilting it (my least favorite part, of course). It turned out to be quite different -- more orderly than it began -- once I started piecing and trimming and trimming and piecing - but it is bright and cheerful and it will DO for the purpose.


Monday: Goodness, how did it get to be so late? (have you heard this refrain from me before?). My whole day was askew.

In the more-than-you-want-to-know category: This morning I had my annual colonoscopy - a recurring event since my first routine one in 2000 saved my life. If you knew me 7-1/2 years ago, you went through a couple of death-defying years with me - surgery, chemo, and a year and a half till I began feeling human again. But alive and well. If YOU have not had a colonoscopy and you are over 50, please, please don't delay. I had no symptoms and I was stage 3 when my colon cancer was discovered. Had I gone for one even five years earlier, it would have been a totally different story. Get yourself a doctor who will put you out and it's no big deal. In fact, today I told the anesthesiologist that I wished somebody would give me a shot like that every night. LOL.

I slept so well for the 20 min it took that I am now still wide awake. Back to the sewing machine...

3 comments:

Russ Little said...

I can't get over how great this piece looks. I know there's a "purpose" behind it, but rather than just making the best of it, you have once again made the most. The colors and pattern are really stunning.

-R

Judy said...

I'm in love with your piece too! Stand back Russ! Maybe we could have a silent auction??

I agree about the colonoscopies. I've had 2, and they are a piece of cake. I'm sorry to know that you had to have surgery, but you certainly are the poster child for a full recovery!

xo

Rayna said...

After Market, which is what I am making this piece for, you can bid your brains out for this piece - LOL.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...