1. The dog ate my blog.
2. My computer was impounded and the blog was locked up.
3. Somebody stole my blog.
4. I forgot how to type.
5. I was abducted by aliens.
6. I had nothing to say.
Well, you get the idea. Which one is the truth? Ha- you'll never know. I took a self-imposed, although unplanned, vacation to give my brain cells a rest. I haven't either posted or read any blogs. I've been writing an article, getting ready for my all-star début at market in Portland, and looking in vain for backsplash tile. That sums it up: Wasn't that boring? Now you know why I haven't bothered to post.
But I am back from mental vacation, although not quite caught up. And I am finally, finally in the studio for which I pay rent every month but have hardly used since January. Let's hope the second half of the year will be more productive, at least in a way that does not involve paperwork.
So far, this afternoon, I've been busy going back into some of the less happy pieces of cloth I have made. And because my battery charger has turned up by some miracle after much too long, I'm documenting. So, here's a work in progress.
1. Original piece of printed fabric. This next exercise is called "couldn't leave well enough alone."
2. I printed several other things on top of the grid, then decided I hated them so I discharged, which made it even worse. Then I printed those ugly circles which compounded the felony. So, by this time, I am blocking out parts of the circles for the next step.
3. A rather unsuccessful attempt at more discharge, which I then painted back into. Except it washed out.
4. Here is what this cloth looked like when I brought it into the triage unit today.
5. And here is what it looks like now, after another bout of treatment.
I will let it sit while I go back to some of the other patients. I promise to keep you posted.