Monday, August 04, 2008

no Lowell for me this year

I won't be in Lowell for the Quilt Festival for the first time in a decade and I'm really sorry. But life intervenes and I'll just have to rely on pix and reports on other peoples' blogs. Boo hoo. I will especially miss breakfast at the Owl Diner, dinner at La Boniche, and the opening of ARt Quilts Lowell at the Brush Gallery. I was a juror for this show last year, so I feel very connected - but I'll be there in spirit at the opening. In the meantime, I have been catching up with bills:-( and signing books to take to the post office:-) in a little while. Then, I'll spend the afternoon in the studio after an absence of more than a week. I need to make some small pieces for open studios at 66 Franklin St, which will take place on October 5. It will be here before I know it and I need new work! Last night, I was up late working. I have about 3 pieces that need to be stitched and quite a few that need sleeves, but not in the mood. I cut up some of the gelatin printing demo fabric I printed last week in class and made one small piece from some of it. Then, I have about 5 pieces I cut from another demo. Here are two of them. I think I'll take them to the studio to see what develops. Off to the bank, the post office, and the studio. Later.

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...