Saturday, November 01, 2008

at the press

I spent the afternoon at the studio,printing, and then because the press was really in an awkward space, I decided to rearrange the studio. What a mess! After I pushed everything around, I hated it. So It went back sort of the way it was, but with more space around the press. Around 5:00 I was so tired that I left the place looking like somebody had broken in and ransacked it. It will probably stay that way for more than a week: this week coming up ls very busy. I found the missing collagraph plate I had made for my second print class (the one that the car ate?). I won't tell you where it was because I can't figure out how it got there. But anyway, I had made it with fabric (that was the assignment). Today I took it into the studio and got busy. I am really happy with these. So, I am posting them and then going to bed. Tomorrow, the eye doctor and then I have to drop off work for a show, the subject of which I will talk about in another post.
There were more, but this is enough for now. Each is a first print and a ghost.

4 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

I like them too. Very much!

Maybe you have a gremlin that moves things. I think I must have!

Karoda said...

rayna, since you been sharing your printing experience, i've been eyeing a pin press...i saw an artist use one a couple of months ago and pushed, i mean pushed it out of mind for fear of getting too sidetracked...but now i feel like flossie and the fox (children's story) being guiled into something else to play with.

oh, and did i tell you already that i have your book? gel printing is not too far off!

artmixter said...

Nice work. Now, of course, I have to go do collagraph...sigh...

Ro Bruhn said...

I love these designs and the rest of your work too. So inspiring.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...