Sunday, November 09, 2008

We're home from D.C. and a busy, beautiful weekend. The weather couldn't have been better for November -- sunny and in the 60's. We had a lot of fun and it was great to spend a whole weekend with almost all of our kids and grandkids, plus people we hadn't seen in a long while. Here's a terrific picture of Marty and Jessica that shows the spirit of the family weekend. The other picture of him with Hilary came out blurry - boo hoo. Saturday afternoon was free so I walked around downtown Chevy Chase, where we were staying. As I left Borders (empty handed) I was struck by the colors and the sheer number of newspaper vending machines in a row! Even in NY city I don't recall having seen this many together. Which doesn't mean they are not there. Only that I hadn't noticed them. Sometimes you just observe things differently when you are away from your own territory. Chevy Chase is upscale shopping heaven. A little way down the road were Tiffany, Cartier, and Bulgari. And close to the hotel, Neiman Marcus, et al. There is a big Bloomingdale's across the street and as I walked over to see what they had that was different from the Bloomie's here, I encountered tons of this lovely grass. I made one tiny purchase and later, went back with my daughters and daughter-in-law to Neiman's because they wanted to check out the huge weekend sale. Jessica got a fabulous bargain on a skirt, so she was happy. The other two tried stuff on but nothing was right. Today I was so busy discussing something with Marty while I was on 95 that I somehow got on the wrong spur of 95 and ended up in Philadelphia instead of Delaware. Fortunately, I know my way around and we took the Ben Franklin Bridge to NJ. But it was a detour I would not have chosen to take. I got home to find a package containing several dozen scarves, so now I will be able to start printing some new ones. I'll let you know when they are available. Tomorrow - the studio!

1 comment:

Judy said...

My Craig grew up in Chevy Chase and when I read your comment to him about the upscale shopping there, he just laughed and said there was no scale shopping there in the 50s and early 60s!
What a nice pic of Marty and Jessica! Looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...