Tuesday, December 23, 2008

yum yum

This package of Jane Steinberg's delicious-looking silks arrived from Artistic Artifacts and I can see already that they will make beautiful collages. They go to the studio with me tomorrow afternoon. Today, I put the first layer on a couple of two-yard pieces I am printing to submit to an exhibit of art cloth. If you print knowing you will be going back in, you don't worry much about the first couple of layers. One piece is linen, the other is a silk-rayon blend, and both have been steamed/washed/dried. I haven't looked at them yet and will wait till morning, since I am on my way to bed soon. I also overdyed a scarf that just didn't have any pzazz. Not sure if you'd call this pzazz, but it is a lot more interesting than it was yesterday. The orange with red blotches was the original...it's not that I was TRYING for red blotches, you understand. The lists have all been quiet - I guess everyone is holiday shopping/preparing. My friend Patti will be here tomorrow morning. She was my neighbor for 25 years and has been my friend for more than 40. She now lives in Myrtle Beach. Every year, when she comes up to visit her daughter, she stops here to chat for an hour. It is as if no time has gone by. Time to rest my pinky: did you ever hear of repetitive motion injury on a pinky from typing? Well, you have now. Happy holidays to all!

4 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Love that silk! Have a great Christmas and New Year, Rayna.

Eva said...

I wish you happy holidays! The Chinese say, the pinky is the thinky.

Rayna said...

Hugs to all. Looks like I'm not going anywhere today - will have to have a studio-at-home day:-(
because it is freezing rain out there. Sigh...

Del said...

I guess neither of us celebrates Christmas. But you have Hannakah with its rich traditions. I hope it has been a lovely time for you and yours. LOVE the silk pieces with the wonderful red figures (NOT blotches).

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...