Monday, June 15, 2009

Look! An orange!!

I'm in a citrus paradise. You people who live in California, Fla. and wherever else people have lemons, oranges, kumquats, persimmons, and limes in their yards, have NO idea how exciting this is...unless you came here from somewhere else. And then, maybe by now you have forgotten what a miracle it is to walk outside and pick these fruits when you want them. I spent this afternoon with my sewing and my book, sitting outside looking at the grapevines, tomato plants, and even an apple tree with fruit hanging from the boughs. The weather, to be honest, was cool and comfortable until the sun went back in and it got downright chilly. But in the meantime, this was another part of my view today. Truly a day of rest. Tomorrow morning, heading for Santa Monica and then to Quilters Studio in Newbury Park for five days. Looking forward to the next adventure!

5 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Get ready for a weather change... should get warmer as you go west, although the marine layer still hangs on thru the rest of the month.

Cate Rose said...

I grew up around Santa Monica and it is lovely. Enjoy your day!

queenopearls said...

Congratulations on the lovely, growing orange! I feel your excitement.
I know you are going to have a fabulous trip and I'm looking forward to hearing all the details.
~Christina

Judy said...

Hey Rayna!
Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time! I love that crazy part of the world! I'm so envious of your students this week: they are going to have a BLAST!!!

xo

Del said...

A blast indeed! Sort of like being on special art steroids - I can do this; I can make this work; this screen is going to print perfectly. Then to come home to the laundry and the bills to pay and the weeds to pull. Humbling, that is what daily life is in contrast. Hope you come back again soon. Del

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...