Wednesday, July 29, 2009

shifting gears

Last night was the mini-mall at QBL - the vendors were open and the teachers and students who had goodies to sell were there, too. Bob Adams sold some quilts -- one of which I was sorely tempted to buy, but was grabbed up by someone just ahead of me. Randy Keenan was vending Helene Davis' fabrics and wonderful t-shirts and I bought a yard of fabric and a wonderful long-sleeved tee which I will wear tomorrow. Judy Blaydon was selling prints of her work and keeping her company was Rosalie Dace. She was in a conversation when I snapped this photo, listening intently to someone.And Jane Sassaman, who spoke tonight about how she designs her fabrics, was there last night with a table full of goodies for sale. She has a wardrobe of snazzy aprons made from her bright fabrics. I could use one of those, if only I didn't have to make it. I don't sew. My friend Barbara Conte-Gaugel, who lives in Syracuse, came to visit me and we caught up with each other. It was so good to see her after several years - and it is always as though no time has gone by. Today, first day of new class, which is turning out to be a guided studio class. This semi-private workshop has five participants with varied goals and it will be exciting to see how their work develops over the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Karoda said...

I'm digging the t-shirt you have on in the picture.

Grace said...

Me too liking the shirt. BTW, in the background of the pic with Rosalie Dace is MY quilt, "At Odds".

When I scrolled down the post, the picture and setting somehow looked familiar to me but that couldn't be....I know I didn't make it to QBL this year. How could it be familiar?

It is only then out of the corner of my eye I recognized why....the bottom half of my quilt (upper right in pic) is showing. How way cool to see "ME" hanging. Thanks Rayna (unknowingly, of course)!

I've moved my blog

Follow me over to     https://rgillman.wixsite.com/studio78/blog  , subscribe to get the updated posts, and please leave me a comment (a...