Saturday, August 29, 2009

the best laid plans

I meant to spend the day working on a few pieces that need facings and playing around with a couple of other projects in my head. "meant to" are the operative words here. I got a little done (very little - see picture) before we left at 3:30 to see my mother, who complained she couldn't breathe. Long story short - we spent the rest of the day till 8:30 in the E.R., where they decided she had a touch of bronchitis, started her on Z and sent her home. What a relief! In the words of the ER doctor, "you don't want to be in the hospital. Hospitals are the worst places - they make you sick." How encouraging. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to get some work done and if I'm lucky, it will wait till after my morning walk to come down in buckets, as it did this morning right after I got home. For now, it has been a long day and I am turning in - ye gads - before 11!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

That must have been a day! I can only imagine the stress --- my own mother is now in a nursing home short term for respiratory therapy. Hope your 'plans' work out for tomorrow. I learned long ago that in the words of John Lennon - Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Eva said...

Best wishes for your Mom's recovery!

Unknown said...

Good news about your mom! :D

Judy said...

Sorry for the bumpy road yesterday: been there, done that too! I think you and I share the t-shirt for the sandwich generation, don't we?! LOL Hope you have a peaceful, pleasing, and productive day today!

xo

Merrilee Tieche said...

The theme of my life has been "Man plans, God laughs". You can use that line, too! Love that you are still able to creat wonderful color stories, no matter what's going on.

Debra Dixon said...

Hopefully when you do get the opportunity to work, you will be able to charge forward with such vigor that you will surprise even yourself!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...