Monday, August 03, 2009

grabbing an hour in the studio

Yesterday, I was home in the pouring rain working on some new workshop ideas and, inspired by my class, continuing to sew strips and blocks and cut/resew till I liked the way they looked. Will this piece ever get done? Maybe not - but it gives me something to do that I don't have to worry about when I'm working on it. This arrangement is what it looked like last night but it has already changed. It has already had umpteen permutations and actually, I can't find the rest of the blocks. Must have left them at the studio. Now I'm going to the studio for an hour and then home to take DH to the doctor this afternoon. Then I'll be working at home for the rest of the day. This is a broken up week - appointments at inconvenient times -- so I'll be working around these scheduling glitches. The upside is that I can sit at the sewing machine when I am home -- it seems a waste of time to sew in the studio when I have a big design wall and printing tables. Will come back and write if there is anything to report by tonight. Or shall I invent something?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home! Loveing the layout.. was thinking of taking some of my scraps and doing diffent cuts and making random blocks... have you ever done that and make a top then went back on printed on it as if it was a wholecloth? Seems like thats where I'm heading.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely lovely work - love all those stripes and strips! Beautiful!

Carolyn

Sheila said...

Nothing like squirreled time producing happy results. Looks like fun stuff. I wanna see what it becomes!

Eva said...

Oh yes, please, invent something, too. It can't be less interesting than your real events.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I looks like a colorful store in the southwest... I like it!

Vivien Zepf said...

I love the movement in the quilt and I think I like it better vertical, too.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...