Friday, September 24, 2010

A-R-T

Working backwards - first, the edible art from our post-meeting, late-night snack fest.  Half of a beet salad - a true work of art! Nice color and interesting composition.  Remind me to use it as inspiration. Susan and I had this last night and it was so good, we ordered it to share again.
Laura Beehler ordered the beef carpaccio.  Pretty!
Susan and I spent most of the day walking around San Jose.  We went to the Museum of Art and stopped at the Museum of Quilts and Textiles, where we will go for a tour tomorrow with the group.

We stopped into the glass gallery, where there were some very cool things.
And the downtown is full of spunky murals - what fun! This is part of one that was in a parking lot. 
Actually, these were in another parking lot. The sun was very bright so the pictures are not as good as I would have liked.There were more but these were my favorites.  One next to the other on this huge side of a building, all by different muralists.


  This is a work of art in its own way: reminded me of Paris in the 1960's.  They are all over downtown - isn't that wonderful?  I did not check out the interior, but this guy apparently did, after having read the instructions on how to open the door.

 This old theatre has been turned into the opera house. It is so beautiful and so architecturally delicious.
 I wouldn't call this a work of art - but some might.  It is rather strange, and there were a bunch of them in front of the courthouse.
Imagine having the job of giving them a trim each week!
Busy day tomorrow: meeting starts at 9:am and my body is still on east coast time. G'night!

1 comment:

Mostly Turquoise said...

Great pictures, Rayna!

Regina,Holland

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...