Wednesday, October 13, 2010

mid-week check in

I faced one quilt and am almost finished with the facing on the second one.  Here is the back of the second one - it is my dropcloth.  I figure that if nobody likes the front, I can always keep printing on this backing and make IT the front.

Most of the time I don't care what's on the back -- although some of my best friends are not happy unless the back is somehow related to the front.

I am trying to organize my time: a new concept for me.  I have decided that mornings will be for miscellaneous non-art related tasks.  And then, come hell or high water (and sometimes both) I get my butt out the door to the studio.  Today, I didn't get out till way after lunch and then I had must-do errands I couldn't get to this morning.  But I did spend an hour at Franklin Street Studios, making marks on some scarves.  I have steamed them and they are in the dryer as we speak.






I am putting together a new lecture about working in a series, based somewhat on the conversation we had here about 3 years ago.  Since  nobody defines a series the same way, I would love it if any of you would send me examples of 2 or 3 different pieces you think belong to the same series.  I think audiences get awfully tired of just looking at my work when I speak.  Thanks in advance -- the resolution should be high since I am going to project them.  You know where to find me.

7 comments:

TALL GIRL said...

on time management....grrr! hate it. My previous life was so structured that I seem to resent having to structure it now.

Eva said...

The backing piece is like a map! All of them stir my phantasy. Very impressing.

Libby Fife said...

Good luck with the organization idea. I can never seem to stick to a schedule for too long!

I sent you an email about the series question too:)

Karoda said...

Schedules! UGH! Try as I might with the greatest intentions, it is just one of my on-going battles.

How long do I have to get some pictures to you?

Judy said...

Nice pieces!
re schedules: every time I think I've found the 'perfect' one, somebody messes with my life (as in ER visits with my Mom) and throws everything off again! I really hope yours does work!
Well, if I can't post my pictures on my blog, I will send you some series pictures....I feel so deprived right now! ARGH!!!

xo

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

I am preparing for my first formal lecture to Heartstrings Quilt Guild so can relate to your concerns about "blaah,blah blah all about me" Will send along some series shots ASAP. Thanks for the opportunity.

I am loving the new scarfs, good luck on the open studio.

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Hi Rayna,
I sent you several pieces from 3 different series. Don't kill me for sending so many images! I'm busily avoiding cleaning my studio....

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...