Wednesday, October 20, 2010

wordless Wednesday (not exactly)

This is before it becomes pictureless Wednesday.  Outside my front door.  They are paving the driveways here, but there seems to be a problem with this machine, since after this there have been several LOUD conferences and much gesturing among the workers.
Waiting for godot.
Work -- and fumes -- in progress.. I really don't know how these men can stand it - they should be wearing respirators. In fact, I should be wearing one. Even with the windows closed, I smell the fumes.  It's not a bad smell, but who needs it?   That white stuff is the smoke.
 Once they got started it took maybe 20 min and they are already onto my next door neighbor. I prefer the view from the back of the house.
Time to stop this morning's procrastination and get to work. Having lunch with a friend today so I had better get something done in the next 3 hours.

4 comments:

Juanita Yeager said...

Thanks for the glimpse of Autumn. Here it is always green. I am not complaining mind you.:) And I will get a taste of season change in a couple of weeks when I spend about 10 days in New England. (CT-RI & MA)

Quiet Quilter said...

I prefer the view rather than the smell also...hope the odor is almost gone by now....

Judy said...

You know, I could smell the fumes even before you mentioned them! YUCK!!! Yes, I wonder how many who spend their lives working such jobs end up with respiratory problems...or worse!
Love your foliage. We are losing tons of leaves every day, so I suspect there won't be much color this Fall.

xo

Del said...

We are always forewarned about repaving and I evacuate. I'm sorry you couldn't have. We are having an unusual autumn with rain, rain, rain. Lovely if I don't have to drive the I-5!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...