Saturday, December 25, 2010

Buon Natale-Joyeux Noel-Boldog Karácsonyt-Priecīgus Ziemassvētkus-Crăciun fericit

Fröhliche Weihnachten - Feliz Navidad
I'm doing my own version - an ongoing journal of the day (oh, how fascinating).

I woke up so early, you would think I was expecting Santa. Actually, I did get a gift the other day.  Treated myself to a desperately-needed manicure/pedicure and showed up, as usual, in my Birks. (what else would you wear when you were getting a pedicure?). Grace, the salon owner, would not let me leave afterwards without something on my feet.
She sells these in the salon, but gave them to me as a gift and insisted on putting them on for me (ha - she didn't trust me to do it!). Her parting words were "I worry about your feet!" Aw...

We might never get out to the movies and Chinese food today, so I thought I'd treat myself to a special Christmas breakfast: lox, eggs, and onions.
Below, not quite done - but getting there. What a treat!

Anyway - my gift to myself is a day of therapy sewing.  Strips and strips, since I have about a bazillion of them overflowing in my sewing room.  I am sewing with no idea of what will happen - and maybe something for Emma will come out of all my play.  Here is what my table closest to the machine holds.
It is still Saturday morning. We'll see what develops during the rest of the day.  Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Michele said...

And a good yontiff to you!

Rayna said...

LOL - thanks. Turns out my husband wants to do the movies/Chinese food thing, so sewing will be interrupted. We're going to the first show of The King's Speech.

Beverly said...

Enjoy the day, Rayna- and hopefully you get back to that therapy sewing quickly!

Cate Rose said...

Have a luscious day, Rayna. I just got up, will laze around today, bake myself an apple pie, watch the new Wall Street later today.

Wish I hadn't suddenly become allergic to salmon about 12 years ago, or I'd go for lox and eggs, as well. Do you make matzah brei ever?

Enjoy the Chinese and the movie. Love to you and Marty.

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

WE are planning on the 6pm show and then left overs from an enormous 7 fishes dinner last night. Merry Merry.

Printmaking by the Ocean said...

Paldies, Rayna!

Thank you for wishing me a Merry Christmas in Latvian! :-)

Hope you had a wonderful day, and got a lot of your therapy sewing done! Doing lots of printmaking here, and can't wait to get back to it!

Enjoy!
Inga

Anonymous said...

A Leo Omlet! Oh memories of my favorite diner in Dix Hills. Oh my, I do have some eggs, and lox, and onions...and a bialy... and snow... I just can't wait for tomorrows breakfast!
Cat

Mary Beth Frezon said...

I would love to lock my self in a basically emptty room with my sewing machine, a cutting board etc, and a huge pile of my scraps and strips. nothing else. Maybe s bit of bigger fabric for bases to work on. Make me stay there until it's used up. That would be awesome. I appreciated sharing strips in various classes I've taken over the years too, as a way to expand color/values to work with.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...