Sunday, January 02, 2011

miso soup

 In case you missed this when I posted it last year, this is easy and delicious and perfect winter food. I am going to make some right now.  There are lots of recipes out there, but I like this one.

Miso soup ingredients

  • 2 teaspoons dashi granules
  • 4 cups water
  • 3 tablespoons miso paste
  • 1 (8 ounce) package silken tofu, diced
  • 2 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces

Directions

  1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine dashi granules and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the miso paste. Stir in tofu. Separate the layers of the green onions, and add them to the soup. Simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Del said...

Yes! Miso soup seems to have magical properties. I'm sure it saved me last winter when I had that terrible bronchitis. Thanks for the repeat on your recipe.
Word: "rountute" - sounds a lot like "around to it", eh?

Eva said...

I also like the kind with green seeweeds (wakame) in it. I agree, Miso soup is one of the best inventions of cooking worldwide.

Gerrie said...

I love, love Miso soup when I am feeling crappy - so healing.

Rayna said...

Yes, I added wakame even though this recipe didn't call for it. It is healing on every level - physical and emotional. There are lots of ways to feel crappy and this is true comfort food.

Barbara said...

Sounds perfect for a cold winter night. And so easy!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...