Friday, March 09, 2012

in the studio

Another fun day with the Quilting Arts people at Beachwood Studios.  It has been four years or more since I was here, taping my first guest spot with Pokey on Quilting Arts TV. As soon as I drove up to the building, it felt as though no time had passed.

I arrived a day early and spent most of it in the Green Room (yes, it really is green) getting my materials organized for the DVD, while I watched Deborah Boschert tape her DVD and saw Pokey interview Ellen Ann Eddy for the show.  Deborah does beautiful work with collage and sheers and it was a treat to see her at work as she explained every step.

Yesterday morning I had to be at the studio early to get ready for the two guest spots with Pokey. Here we are on the set, which is a lot prettier than the Green Room.  I didn't shoot any photos behind the scenes because there is not much to see but a big room with tables; stuff for the next shoot spread out all over the place.  And snacks, of course.

I got to spend some time with Rebecca Kemp Brent http://www.rkbrent.com, who does beautiful red work embroidery and was also a guest on the show.  We had dinner together last night after a hectic day.

During the day, Helen Gregory, Editorial Director for Interweave magazines, was taking pictures with her professional camera and I asked her to shoot one of Pokey and me, with my iPhone.  Here we are, just before or just after the segment (who can remember? -- there was so much going on!)
Then it was Pokey's turn to take a photo of me with Helen, who has been one of my favorite people since she laughed when I got paint all over wall across the room last time I was there, just missing the camera man.  We are still laughing about it.  Helen was a guest on Pokey's show, too. What she showed looked so easy that I am almost tempted to try it myself.
We had an excellent lunch in the atrium and then, it was back to work!  I spent the afternoon on the set, shooting my DVD, which will be out sometime in the next 4-5 months.  Here I am at the end of the day. I had so much fun making it that I hope it will be fun to watch.
It's time for me to leave for the airport and return the rental car, etc. etc. I'll be back to real life this afternoon.  Boo hoo.

8 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I was thinking about you all day yesterday, Rayna! I am so happy to see these pictures and I can't wait to see your dvd. Congrats on this huge accomplishment! Yeah, it's over! Thanks also for such nice words about my work.

Gerrie said...

You have a real life? LOL Seems like you are constantly on the go, lately.

Jeannie said...

Echoing what Gerrie said! The next episodes of QATV look to be fantastic given the guests I have seen. Wishing you a relaxing and fun filled weekend.

queenopearls said...

What a great experience... vicariously for me. Thank you for taking photos. I am looking forward to the segment and DVD.
Welcome home!
~Christina in Cleveland

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How fun! I can't wait for the dvd... I already feel like I know you, but being able to watch you will be a real treat!

Diane Wright said...

Goodness, you are busy! And it sounds like you are having a blast. Nice balance. I can hardly wait to see the DVD.

Eva said...

Wow, you look younger than ever. How do you manage? I guess the DVD will be a treat to watch.

Deb said...

I have your wonderful book and a project based on it is next on my list of "quilts I want to make." It's wonderfully informative and I love your free style and use of color. I'll look forward to your dvd. Thanks for sharing.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...