Saturday, May 12, 2012

Friday - again???

How did that happen? Oh, I know: it was a very busy week. I was in the studio three times this week - a record for the last few months. Today began with the plumber, after which I went to the gym for the first time in I-won't-mention-how-long. It actually felt good to be on the treadmill again, although I must admit my blistered foot was somewhat the worse for wear by being enclosed in sneakers. Bah!

Picked up lunch at the supermarket and spent the rest of the day in the studio, dyeing fabric and sewing therapy strips - an activity I had started earlier in the week. Green. Have no idea where it is going, but right now it is on my large design wall.  I can't say I am crazy about my collection of greens, but I'm working on it. Hence, the fabric dyeing today.

The joy of this season is that I can stay till 7:pm (as I did tonight) and still drive home in the light.
I was greeted with a package on the doorstop from Hilary and family, in advance of Mother's Day.
Flowers are always a treat. Also a card from Jeremy and a phone message from Miss Emma, whom I will see on Sunday.

Tomorrow, I shall visit my mother and I am trying to decide between fleurs and chocolat. Maybe some of each.  The weekend promises to be busy - I hope yours will be good, too!


5 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

I LOVE the green strip piece you are sewing! Watching for when you add more to it......Martha Ginn

Eva said...

You can't have enough greens! It is in our evolution.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Greens are funny colors... I'm working on a piece now and I have spent almost $40 on threads trying to match or complement hand dyed fabrics... very tricky! But I love what you are combining so far. BTW, nice to hear that you have been spending time in the studio!

Mia Bloom Designs said...

It's good to hear that you're spending time in the studio. I tend to use a lot of green so I like your therapy strip. Looking forward to seeing it develops.

Beautiful flowers!I wish you a happy Mother's Day.

Helen said...

Your greens are great....so like my backyard!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...