Friday, June 08, 2012

 Before I get to the rest of the post, here is the missing sign from yesterday's post. It belongs above the arrow.
Ok -- now moving on...

For days I have been stitching/unstitching this quilt.  I'd like to finish it before I leave for Paducah but it doesn't look promising.  Here is part of it.  I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this piece, but it is not cooperating with me. Maybe trying to quilt straight lines with crooked pieces is not a good idea.  Or maybe I should not try to quilt at night.  Anyway, it is almost done - and so am I.

As long as we are on the subject of quilts...
Every so often, somebody sends me a picture of a quilt they have made that was inspired by my book. A while ago, Kim at Quilting-Adventures (the retreat in New Braunfels, TX) sent me a photo of these quilts.
I am especially impressed that other people are finishing their quilts while I am slogging away.
I am taking work with me when I leave, so maybe I will actually have time to create while I am on vacation. Isn't that what a vacation is for??  Meantime, I am quilting the piece in the daytime and I think it is making a difference:-)

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...