Wednesday, June 06, 2012

only in New Jersey

If you live in New Jersey, you know it is the most confusing state in the union for road signs.
This one is so stupid, it made the tv news. Par for the course - there are hundreds more idiotic signs all over the state.
When I saw this next signpost the other day, I knew immediately there was something missing.    But you also don't need the missing sign because the green sign with the yellow arrow gives you all the information you need.  That's probably why they haven't replaced it.  Anybody care to guess what this yellow & green sign is telling you?  If you live in New Jersey, you should know.
Pictures worthy of a wordless Wednesday but of course, I couldn't post these without some words:-)

7 comments:

Sandra Wyman said...

Given my capacity for taking wrong turnings and getting lost I'm glad I don't live in New Jersey!

Rayna said...

I've lived here all my life and am still mystified by some of the signs. If you don't know where you are going, you're plum out of luck.

patty a. said...

Ok, what does the green sign with the yellow arrow mean? That first sign is just crazy!

Martha Ginn said...

I'm with Patty...don't know what the green/yellow sign says. We all know that a green arrow (light) means you have a protected turn, but we have recently been seeing red arrows and there is confusion about whether they mean don't turn or you can turn when safe after stopping (just like a red ball light).

Elena said...

OMG, there must be something wrong with me. I think I actually understand the first sign. It's referencing the lane you are in. In the the left lane you may turn right or left with 'no turn on red'. If you are in the right lane, right turn only with turn on red allowed. I got it. Now I'm really afraid.

Rayna said...

The green sign with the yellow arrow is pointing in the direction of an entrance to the Garden State Parkway, whose colors are green and yellow. The missing sign above the yellow arrow is a picture of the Parkway. I'll post it on my next post. Everyone who drives north-south in NJ uses either the Parkway or the NJ Turnpike and knows the Parkway's colors. So it's not hard to guess where the arrow is pointing (f you are from NJ).

Rayna said...

Uh oh, you're in trouble,Elena. LOL

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...