Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm backK

From down the rabbit hole of travel/teaching and 9 days, 24/7 with Miss Emma.  Three year olds are not for the faint of heart or for old people -- at least, not for more than a few days. - LOL.  I have finally recovered.  Here, a snippet from one of the more endearing conversations.  
And then, the (all-too-rare) nap.
She refused to sleep under anything but my rescued/repaired 1930's feedsack quilt.

During this past recovery week I have been getting my work ready for my exhibit in North Carolina, opening next Sunday, May 5.  Uh - I still have one piece to finish, which I hope to get done today. 
Driving down on Thursday, hanging the show on Saturday.  If you're in driving distance of Chapel HIll, here is the info.


In Retrospect...

Solo Exhibit by Rayna Gillman
5 - June 23, 2013

Community Church of Chapel Hill Unitarian Universalist

106 Purefoy Road, Chapel Hill, North Carolina  27514

Phone No. 919-942-2050 


 Free-Form Quilt Class
When I go back in June to take down the show, I'm teaching a two-day class in Washington, NC before I hit Chapel HIll.  If you didn't get a newsletter e-update
here's the info: $115 for the two days and space is limited to 20 people.  Registration opens on Saturday, May 4 and you should contact  Katherine McNeese to register.

Back to cleaning up and finishing this final quilt!




6 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I beg your pardon......
You are NOT OLD!

Jo C. said...

I'm going to try to get over there on Saturday to help you hang. Can't wait!

Rayna said...

No, no - Emma was referring to herself - when I said "when you grow up" and she said "when I'm OLD?". LOL

Karen S Musgrave said...

Congrats on being back! You've been missed. Congrats on the solo show. Wish I could be there. Hugs.

Nina Marie said...

OMG was just going to send out dogs to see where ya got too - grin! Thank you for sharing your granddaughter - she's gorgeous and brings back memories! Make sure you tell us more about the show!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I LOVE the snippet of Emma! She is adorable, and I'm sure she ran you ragged! Best wishes for a successful exhibit, and your class sounds wonderful... someday soon I hope to clear up my backlog so I can go back and make more strip sets and squares for another free-form... they are such fun, and I love how they turn out!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...