Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sewing break

So far, puttering around with no particular results in mind.  Just as well.  I brought all the fabrics I thought I needed for the oink (oops! that should have been PINK) piece I was going to work on.  No matter what I did, I did not love it.  Or even like it.  

Being in Paducah means two things if you love fabric: 1) Jefferson Street Studios and 2) Hancock's of Paducah.  Well, I am already living in #1 so yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to go to #2 and shop.  We got there at 2:55 and the sign said they closed at 3:00 on Saturdays.  What's up with that?
So I hit the sale table, grabbed without looking, and we checked out by 3:10 after they measured the remnants.  I hate making decisons under pressure, so I didn't even know what I had bought till we got home.  Huh?  What was I thinking?  I still haven't used the fabrics I bought 3 years ago, last time I was here.

Yesterday, Helene gave me a few random strips to play with and today I fell in love with one of them so much I wanted a yard of the same fabric.  Since Helene's fabrics are one of a kind (or these days, eight of a kind - sort of - because no two fabrics in the same batch are identical) it was with some difficulty that Helene finally located a yard of this fabric.  There are others just as gorgeous, but I needed this one for my soul:-).  
Tune in later to see what I am doing on Monday.  This post did not upload last night.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Magnifique tissu de Helen, il donne à rêver.
Bon séjour à Paducah

Linda Hicks said...

My mystery came today and I can empathize with your Paducah experiences. Carry on!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...