Thursday, July 24, 2014

ART!!!!


What a day!  Before I get to it, though, I put a link on the picture of Elaine Stritch on yesterday's post that will get you to the fabulous video.  Click on her photo and you should get there.

NOTE: here are my comments for the two people whose profiles don't have their emails. I hate that I can't get in touch with you individually. For any of you who leave comments but no forwarding address, please hit the contact me link at the top of my sidebar and shoot me an email so I can put you in my book and contact you.

Janet - thanks for the recommendation for Shoot Me!  I knew there was a subsequent one and I'll look for it.

Kara - glad you enjoyed JoJo Moyes -- I'm keeping my eye open for her newest book.

OK - back to today.  It was a two-hour drive up the NY Thruway and worth every minute to see the exhibit of Amy Sillman's work: One Lump or Two.  Click on this link to see more of  her work on Google images.


 She is prolific, talented, and has a most wonderful sense of humor. Here is the exhibit we saw today (no photos allowed) but you can get a glimpse of the exhibit and hear Amy talk about her work.   

http://wgbhnews.org/post/art-world-favorite-amy-sillmans-first-ever-retrospective-ica

I was so inspired that I high-tailed it over to Jerry's art supplies tonight to buy gouache, brushes, and paper.  I've been wanting to play with painting and after I pick up a couple of graphite pencils tomorrow, I am taking my larger suitcase and throwing in art supplies, fabric, and who knows what else, along with my clothes.  

Bedtime -- before I get my second wind and it is too late to fall asleep!

2 comments:

Linda Hicks said...

I think you feel another book coming on. I have been watching and reading about Amy Sillman for more than a decade. She is beloved. I am not always smart or sensitive enough to catch on to all but I take long looks at the one the MFA has hanging. Exciting that Jerry's is that close to you!!.Holbein's acryla gouche is a favorite of mine...works like oils

Karen S Musgrave said...

Thanks for the reminder about Amy Sillman. Can't wait to see what you create!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...