Tuesday, August 19, 2014

a day in the studio -- at last!

For the first time in months and, I am afraid, the only time this week, the way things are shaping up. But it felt so good to spend six hours working.

I wrestled a quilt into shape, printed a few scarves which I was too tired to steam tonight.   A third is still not finished because I wasn't in the mood.

 then I went back to work on something I had taken apart/put aside and almost forgotten about.  It is, once again, sitting on my design wall.  But this time, in the studio instead of at home and I can see it better.  At this point I should just sew it together and be done with it.  I'm tired and sometimes you just have to move on.

The rest of my week is spoken for with mostly non-fiber related events.  The exception os tomorrow's meeting at the gallery with the other artist exhibiting with me.  We need to look at the space and figure out how many pieces will fit without crowding.  Not sure whether this piece will go into the October exhibit or not. IF I finish it.

A day on my feet and I am off to bed!  I think standing in the studio all day is the most exhausting thing in the world -- but worth it.

4 comments:

Linda's Art Quilts said...

Your scarves are out-of-this-world gorgeous!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Glad you got in some creative time! Hope you get back there soon...

Linda Hicks said...

I been organizing the house for the first time in 25 years...but must also get back to the studio!

Linda's Art Quilts said...

It's hard to imagine that your scarves could be any more fetching than they were, as they were posted yesterday. Love your art--all of it.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...