Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Midweek post

Technically, this should be Wordless Wednesday, but I'm making up for lost time.

This is tonight's dinner: leftover pizza from Sunday night.  Last night was leftover fabulous Moroccan lamb burger made on the grill  http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/moroccan-lamb-burgers-with-mint-yogurt-sauce from Monday night, accompanied by a horiatiki salad I took out from my favorite local Greek restaurant.

Tomorrow I am taking my grandsons Josh and Ben out to lunch and will hope to have some leftovers from that event, because I am not in the mood to cook.  At least, not for myself.  This is unusual (as you probably find unsurprising) so I have to assume there is a good reason for it and I should just go with the flow.  Friday, lunch with a friend - ditto.  If I can make it till Saturday night and dinner out, I'm home free.

The weather here in NJ has been drop-dead gorgeous: fall in the air -- no humidity.  Today, somewhat muggy but it has cooled down enough for me to take advantage of dining on the deck. I always feel as though I am on vacation when I eat out here and look at the woods.  Of course, "look at" does not mean "live in" -- I am a city girl who never lived in a city.  Go figure.

MInt, basil, oregano, and  look at that wonderful rosemary plant!  I guess I will have to take them to Florida with me in December.  Can't let them die -- I have wintered over the mint and the basil for a couple of years now.  I am also thinking of buying a curry leaf plant and taking that to Fla with me, where it should flourish and get a good start till it comes home to my skylight in the greenhouse - aka master bath, where there is both light and humidity.

Now that I have polished off the pizza and it is starting to get to the time of day when the mosquitos waltz over to my deck, it is time to go in and get back to work putting facings on a quilt that persists in changing measurements every time I get out the tape measure.  I give up -- I never was about perfection and just want to get the damn thing DONE.

Today's schedule...

9:30 am - waiting for the guy to come see if the bubble in my living room ceiling 
a)  is a leak in the roof or
b) is something I have to pay to repair.
Care to hazard a guess?

2) 11:30 am - meeting my art exhibit partner at the gallery and crawling around trying to figure out how we will hang our work next month for our October exhibit.

3) 12:45 pm - dealing with a leaking ice machine/ruined ceiling in the basement guest room and a call to the thank god-five year extended warantee people.  Don't ask.
 
3a) 1:30 pm - steaming the two silk scarves I printed yesterday.

4) 2:15 pm - a lovely visit from my my daughter Hilary, who had an hour between appointments and had to be in my neighborhood.

5)  5:00 pm - follow-up appointment with the eye doctor to check on the problem with my right eye. It's better but not perfect.

6) 6:30 pm - this is where I started, pizza in the oven.

Ah - I lead such a glamourous life:-).

1 comment:

Vivian Helena said...

love Pizza for breakfast, but it has to be warmed... looks good.
Question, do you know of a paint I could use to stamp on my already hand dyed with Procion dyes on my silk scarves,, they need something extra. that way I would not need to steam.
We cooled off here near Yosemite from 104 to 94 today.. thankfully, looks like the fire is out and the gallery is saved. Thankful for blue sky's!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...