Thursday, October 23, 2014

Are you a robot?

I have set my blog to NO word verification. Nonetheless, it appeared today when I tried to leave a comment on my own blog from my iPad.  I wrote to Google, to no avail.  Please don't let it keep you from leaving comments if you get that thing when you try to leave one.  Just put in the numbers and know that it is there despite the fact that I have turned it off. GRRRRRRRR. Does anyone else have this problem with their blog?

On a more pleasant note: I received a package of Malaysian small batch artisinal batiks from Turtle Hand and opened it this morning. I didn't even know they produced batiks in Malaysia, but here they are.  Gorgeous!!  I can't wait to wash/iron/cut them and use them.  They remind me somewhat of the Indian batiks I love so much and they are totally different from the typical batiks you find in the stores.
I think they will go beautifully with the hand-dyes I have and I just hope I can get enough time in December (when I am actually home!!) to play.  Tina of Turtle Hand will have a booth in Houston at both Market and Festival and I suspect she will have an even more varied selection.  Yummy! Wish I were able to go to Houston this year but my teaching schedule just didn't want to cooperate.



8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a treat - beautiful traditional batiks. I have a great collection of Indonesian batiks and love them.

Marty Mason said...

I'm drooling over your fabrics. Beautiful.

Linda Hicks said...

Beautiful! Eager to see more of those. Subscribing by e-mail, I can get to a Comment page by hitting Like at the bottom of the page. I won't know if I have to prove I am a robot until I Publish...Here goes!

Unknown said...

Wow what eye candy. Enjoy playing with them

badmomgoodmom said...

Lovely batiks. I didn't have to face a robot text challenge.

The blogger/google spam filter works pretty well. I haven't had any problems on my blog since taking off the captcha 2+ years ago on my blog.
http://badmomgoodmom.blogspot.com/2012/03/captcha-how-i-hatecha.html

Eva said...

Love the fabrics. And I am very curious to see the results of your work with them!

Eva said...

P.S. No robot check. Contemplating if I am a robot... Negative.

Kaja said...

Oh, these are gorgeous!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...