Monday, October 26, 2015

Quilt market


Such fun!  Today is the last day and I am flying home tonight. I am sure I will not have seen everything, but then again, I will have seen the people I wanted to see.  
 I finally met Sue Bleiweiss after having known her online for years. And it was great to see Deborah Boschert again. 

And I was so happy to meet Desiree Habitch face-to-face. Desiree has set up an exciting and unique new online teaching experience, starting soon -- The Fiber Art Connection.  Visit her website, www.thefiberartconnection.com to see who will be teaching.  I'll be joining them later next year, after having resisted teaching online for years.  But this is diffeent from all the rest and I'm really excited.
Desiree, Jamie Fingal (who will also be teaching on The Fiber Art Connection) posed for pictures at DesireesDesigns booth.

This really fuzzy picture (hard to focus in the Houston drizzle) is with my friend Anne Andrew, who comes to Market every year from Australia. It was so great to see her -- we had just come from dinner where we laughed our way through the evening.  
That's it for now.  I'm off to the Convention Center and will take as many pictures as I can of booths, quilts and whatever else I can post later.

1 comment:

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

Wow Rayna you do keep yourself busy. I have never been to this event. It seems like you had a great time. Have a safe journey home, we are having lovely weather.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...