Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A working vacation

This is part of my vacation.  Outer Banks of North Carolina - peaceful and elegant. 


The rest of it is much hilarity with 8 of my close college friends - along with eating, drinking, and a few pithy political discussions.  Happily, we are all on the same page -- and all equally distraught at what is going on in election-land.  And, although we are in the land of rest room bigotry, we were all greatly cheered to see this sign (and an accompanying one on the other door, in the little place where we stopped for lunch en route to our rental house.



Yes, I have brought my sewing machine with me and this afternoon, am taking a break while it is quiet and I can blog.  I have been working.  Before I left for this vacation, I was in my studio and came across something I started, probably in the early '90s. Had forgotten completely about it.  Got this far and couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it -- so, put it away. Hmmm... I haven't the vaguest idea which traditional pattern this started out to be.  It's actually kind of cool - maybe it's finished.  What do you think?




In the meantime, while everybody has gone to Kitty Hawk, I am going back to my design wall.  Will keep you posted if anything exciting happens in the wilds of the Outer Banks.




6 comments:

Karoda said...

I think it is finished. Enjoy yourself!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I like it! Great colors, interesting design... on to the next project!

Claire said...

I agree--it's finished unless you're inclined to borders.

pdfrench said...

Looks finished....and I really like it.

Linda Hicks said...

It is very cool!

Cécile Trentini said...

It does look finished, but also IMHO a bit out-dated (I hope you'll forgive my blunt directness...). Does it not itch you in the fingers to apply a rotary cutter to it and turn it into something new? That's what I would do...

Bises
Cécile

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...