Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Trash & Treasures

I opened the trunk and it was a Pandora's Box.  Out flew a pile of antique blocks and vintage fabrics I had forgotten were there.  They spent two days on the coffee table in the livingroom and today, I sorted, catalogued,researched, and organized. I have bags of antique blocks I will never have time to do anything with. Some date from the 1860's-80's, others from 1900-1910, and others from the 1930's.  

There was yardage, too. I found two yards and a little bit more, of bark cloth that I bought decades ago and never used.  It is gorgeous.  
At some point, when I  have cleared up the rest of the mess, I will have some of these wonderful fabrics, scraps, and blocks for sale.  I simply don't have the room for 40+ years of accumulated fabrics.

On that note, I am turning into a pumpkin.  Good night!


2 comments:

patty a. said...

It is amazing what we accumulate!

Kaja said...

It's fun following your sorting, though I'm glad I don't have to do the work! You have so many fabulous bits, but hopefully all the clearing will leave you feeling virtuous and raring to go. I find getting rid of stuff very liberating, though it's hard to get started.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...