Monday, May 29, 2017

a good day for sewing


Raining again, and 57 degrees F.  

I have spent most of the day thinking about sewing and a bit of it actually sitting at the machine.  I am making a quilt for a friend but you won't see it here.  However, I have a few trimmings and since they are small and odd-sized, I challenged myself to take a break and see what I could do with them.

Made one block with the scraps before dinner and here I am, feet up, laptop in lap, procrastinating.   It is late and I will leave the rest for tomorrow.

Here is what I did with the cuttings.

I cut a triangle (freehand, of course) fro the fabric on the upper left.  The rest of the bits were trimmings from the sewn-together strips, so I figured I could do something with them.

Here is a close-up of the triangle with some pieces sewn to the edges.  (Yes, I will trim the horns).

 Adding and trimming and adding and trimming.

This is how it ended up. If I have more scraps (or more energy) I might make another.  If not, this could end up on the back of the quilt.

That's all for tonight.  I am still recovering from a lively weekend of houseguests. 

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...