Tuesday, May 09, 2017

a weekend quilt show

The Northern Star Quilt Guild of Somers, NY, has always had an excellent quilt show, but I every year I have managed to be away teaching the weekend of the show -- until now. Fortunately, I was available because the guild invited me to have an exhibit of a dozen pieces this past weekend. The show has moved to a new venue and the quilts were beautifully displayed.  Here are some of my favorites - and they were all ribbon-winners.

 by Maria Weinstein


Debbie Bein's vertical triptich


I'm sorry, I didn't get the artist's names for the last three quilts. The show was closing and they were starting to take down the work, so I clicked and ran to take down my own.
Cheryl Kosarek

     
quilt by Diana Sharkey

The day was a pleasure: I ran into some old friends and managed to come home with a only a fist full of - uh - fabric. This afternoon, I cut and sewed a little bit.  Oh, joy.



4 comments:

patty a. said...

You bought fabric? LOL!! I am trying so hard not to buy any.

Anonymous said...

The whole show was great but it was a particular joy to see your quilts.

Laura McGrath said...

Saw your quilts at the show, they were beautiful! I went with a friend who is a very traditional quilter, and she was entirely underwhelmed by them. I love that this show had a great selection of quilts for both of us to enjoy.

Janette Kahil said...

The black and white quilt with black circles belongs to Cheryl Kosarek.

I've moved my blog

Follow me over to     https://rgillman.wixsite.com/studio78/blog  , subscribe to get the updated posts, and please leave me a comment (a...