Monday, April 08, 2013

New friends, new family

Here I am with my cousin Reba from Atlanta. We hit it off right away and seem to have a lot in common, although we still haven't figured out where the connection began. We think it was in our great-great grandparents' generation, but have not been able to prove it yet. Meantime, we are enjoying ourselves. Here we are at the barbecue place for lunch.



Over the weekend, fun class: strips and squares:infinite design variations. I was so happy to see Judy Carpenter. We met years ago when I taught at John C. Campbell and she took my surface design class. Here she is with a pile of slice/diced/sewn together units the first day.

And here is what she was creating and took home to finish by the end of day two! It will be a quilt for her granddaughter. Judy was so excited! Http://judyinthe dyes.blogspot.com



Gretchen had never made a quilt in her life and was delighted to discover she could make one without worrying about matching seams. Here is hers.


Today I am in Athens,eating branch outdoors and it is lovely. This afternoon I start another class and tonight, lecture at the guild meeting. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

fun connections, fun quilts, and fabulous sweater that Judy is wearing. did she dye it?

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

That's what I love about your techniques... anyone who wants to can make a beautiful, one of a kind quilt!

imquilternity said...

Hi Rayna,

So glad you had such a lovely time with Judy. I love what she's done so far and I know it's not her usual "thing" so it's even more impressive. Of course, part of that credit goes to you for being such a wonderful teacher/friend.

Judy said...

What a fabulous class Rayna!
Thank you so very much.
It was great to be with you again!
I'm working on dyeing the perfect background piece for my cityscape... And I'm adding a little surprise....but you'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks again! Hope you got home safely!

xxoo

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...