The High Holidays are over and the year 5771 is in full swing. Happily, the weather is gorgeous and I did my early morning walk and came back energized to work.
I have some challenges for the new year. One huge one that is taking over my life. And a few small ones:
1) A 12x12 piece that's a nano-micro too small to be stitched to a 12x12 canvas unless I don't face the edges. But I really don't want to raw-edge stitch the thing...ugh.
2) A large piece that is bugging me. I have to figure out how to fix it because it is supposed to be in a November exhibition. Particularly annoying because it is already stitched.
3) Finish everything I have to do before I leave for San Jose, California on Wednesday morning.
4) Write a description that will make a new workshop sound as terrific as it actually IS. Considering that I am a wordsmith, I don't know why I am having so much trouble. Well, maybe on the plane or between flights as I sit in Houston, my brain will kick in.
5) Survive without seeing Miss Emma for a couple of weeks. To make things worse, Jessica and Tommy have misplaced their camera and can't even post pictures of her. Waaaah - I'll have to make do with this one they took on Fire Island last month.
We are off to an art opening this afternoon and then to the movies and dinner with friends. That should save the day.
Not at the same time, as I am bound to spill whatever I am drinking on what I am stitching. My cousin France got me started on mint te...
I just ate the entire bowl. Have spent all week cooking for Passover (Friday night is the first seder) and not done yet. The brisket, stuf...
Tomorrow morning, catching a plane to go teach for the week in beautiful Downsville, WI. at Woodland Ridge Retreat. I have packed a huge s...