Monday, February 22, 2016

Wide awake at 2:am


Blogger is not behaving tonight.  This is about the 10th time I have tried to post and it is finally letting me type without deleting my words.  So by this time, I have forgotten what I wanted to blog about.

Some time ago I was looking for upholstery fabrics because I need to recover a chair in my living room in NJ.  I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did see a lot of beautiful patterns that I found very inspiring.  Here are just a few...


I imagine I am not the only one who is so wired after having worked all day at something creative, that I can't get to sleep.  Hot cocoa - except that I don't have cocoa, so I had to melt a bittersweet piece or two of a Swiss chocolate bar I have been hoarding.  Seems to have done the trick! I am off to bed.




3 comments:

Margaret Cooter said...

Any visitor to London who is interested in textiles has probably wondered about the designs on tube and bus seats. Over the years of living and travelling in London I've spent a long time contemplating these "moquette" fabrics. Their designers have to comply with a lot of rigorous regulations, so that they withstand hard use! Now they are available commercially, in various products. Here's a link to the history of the designs -
http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/moquette/availability.html

Margaret Cooter said...

Should have said - I have no connection with london transport or its shop, just an interest in the history of textiles!

Unknown said...

Those patterns are spectacular!
It would be fun to replicate them as a group and see all the different interpretations.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...