Friday, June 10, 2005

up on Thunder Mountain

IMG_1249 Originally uploaded by raynag.

The fiber studio is about 3 miles up the hill from the rest of the village so there is lots of room to spread out. Here is Els, outside in the tent, heating the wax and starting to demonstrate working with batik. The copper tjap is in the wax and is heating up enough so she can print with it. Els works mostly in silk and makes drop-dead gorgeous fabric. Here is one example...IMG_1241

We worked with tjaps (copper stamps) but also with found objects, which you can imagine played perfectly into what I do. But now I'm too tired to write more and I am leaving for QSDS tomorrow so I will try to write more before I leave. If not, I am taking my laptop with me and I'll post from there.

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...