Saturday, September 10, 2005

saturday in the studio

Well, Saturday night, anyway. Spent the afternoon buying out Chico's so I could pack efficiently and not have to iron every time I put something on while I am in Europe. We're leaving Tuesday and will be arriving Wed. morning chez our friends Marlene & David in London. We're taking the Eurostar to Paris and will stay my cousins France & Edmond for a long weekend, catching up with all my French relatives. Then, back to London. BUT I DIGRESS. To the left are neither David & Marlene nor France & Edmond, but one of the dear-to-my-heart nameless couples who live in my photo file. Printed yesterday on a 6"x6" square of Helene's fabric. Tonight, I quilted a piece that's been dithering on the wall for months -- and I did it in record time! Started to stitch another one but it's getting on my nerves so I stopped. Earlier today I made a couple of postcards and realize that it takes some practice to finish the edges nicely. I need a lot of practice. But I do love this guy.

1 comment:

Micki said...

The card is fine. Don't worry about the edges, they don't have to be perfect. I used to think everything must be just so so, but I am beginning to loosen up and just go with the flow.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...